If you have questions, please contact the Senior Director, Curriculum and Academic Policy.
Emergency Numbers and an Overview of Resources
- 911 for immediate help
- (319) 335-5022 University of Iowa Department of Public Safety (Police)
- (319) 356-5275 Iowa City Police
- (319) 335-6000 Rape Victim Advocacy Program for 24/7 assistance
- Quick Guide for Helping Students (PDF)
CLAS Academic Programs and Student Development Office
The Associate Dean and office staff consult with CLAS instructors on a range of concerns, including student behavior; academic struggles; academic misconduct; complaints about grades; late withdrawals for medical reasons; or other issues. Visit this directory page for more information.
120 Schaeffer Hall
Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students provides assistance to students experiencing a crisis or an emergency situations. Call or email to report a concern or to consult about a student who is having problems.
135 Iowa Memorial Union
Early Intervention Team
If you have a student who could benefit from additional support, call the Early Intervention Team (EIT). The EIT provides support and coordinates the necessary resources to get the student back on track.
Angie Reams, Ph.D.
Office of the Dean of Students
Mirra Anson, Ph.D.
Academic Support and Retention
Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator
The Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (OSMRC) coordinates the university's response to reports of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking when those reports involve members of or visitors to the university community. Call or visit the web page to report or to confer.
450 Van Allen Hall
Student Disability Services
The office facilitates academic accommodations based on a student's eligibility. The student must apply and present the required medical documentations. The student must request accommodations for each semester needed. The office also consults with faculty, staff, and students about related issues.
3015 Burge Hall/301 North Clinton Street
Location: SDS is located at the bottom of the main floor entry stairway in room 3015 on the lower level. There is an elevator on the main floor.
Assessment and Care Team
The Assessment and Care Team is composed of Assessment and Care Specialists (ACS) with mental health and law enforcement expertise. The ACS are the primary contacts for the University Community concerned with behaviors and situations which have a potential for self-harm and/or harm to others. Note that University offices, including this one, are closed on weekends. Please call 911 for help or (319) 356-5275, Iowa City Police; police will check on a person and their safety if a concern arises.
Jane Caton, LISW CADC, (319) 384-2955 (email@example.com)
Eli Hotchkin, Detective, (319) 335-5011 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University Counseling Resources
3223 Westlawn S. (See website for additional locations/additional office in UCC coming soon.)
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Guide for Faculty and Staff from University Counseling
- University Counseling Appointments: Same Day and Crisis Management
- Kognito, an online, easy to use, avatar based training program to assist you with identifying the markers for suicidal thinking and intent. Kognito walks you through the steps of identification, teaches you easy to use language for intervening with a student for whom you have concern, and then shares with you resources for the University of Iowa campus. Takes no more than an hour, is highly interactive, and can provide you the information you need to act in confidence in critical situations. Enrollment Key: Iowa 29
Campus Inclusion Team
The Campus Inclusion Team (CIT) provides support and resources to any student with a concern about diversity, equity and inclusion. The CIT is a joint initiative between the Center for Diversity & Enrichment (CDE) and the Dean of Students Office (DOS).
Jamal Nelson: Multicultural Specialist
Center for Diversity and Enrichment
Nikki Hodous: Assistant Director, Student Care & Outreach
Student Care and Assistance, Office of the Dean of Students