Building Closure Procedures

Amended Date

Key Contacts 

Contact the CLAS Director of Facilities with questions.


Central administration has clarified procedures for closing campus buildings in case of extreme weather or other emergency conditions.

Requests should be submitted to the College for approval. Requests should be forwarded to the Associate Dean for Research and the CLAS Director of Facilities. Once approved by CLAS, the request will be forwarded to the Office of Emergency Management ( and the Executive Vice President and Provost for final approval.  

If a building is authorized to be closed due to extreme weather or other emergency conditions, information about closure should be communicated to any of the regular users of those buildings and a notice should be posted on their website. 

After the building closure is approved, building coordinators can follow the normal procedures for requesting changes to the building lock/unlock schedules by emailing